Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
What Is Search Engine Marketing?
Search engine marketing allows advertisers to show their ads to people who type relevant search terms into the search engine. Ads shown on search engines are highly targeted to your audience who are actively seeking your products or services. Since most people find websites through a search engine, most Internet traffic goes though the search engines whose job it is to organize the websites of the world according to relevance.
A website cannot sell anything without traffic!
By effectively using SEM platforms to promote your products and services, our professional online marketers can bring instant, targeted traffic to your website.
Still Advertising With the Print Media Dinosaurs?
The print media business model is suffering from the innovations of the Internet, and as readership continues to plummet, advertisers are getting less and less value for money. The returns on print advertising are basically diminishing as more and more consumers turn to the Internet to find what they are looking for, buy less newspapers, and use phone books as a door stop or something else that it wasn’t intended for.
Why savvy businesses are switching to SEM:
- Instant traffic to your website
- Better Return on Investment (ROI)
- Much easier for people to find you
- Targets people who are ready to buy
- Geographically target customers within your service areas
- Complete control of your budget.
- Campaign performance is highly measurable
Google Adwords: The PPC Juggernaut
While there are many search engine PPC programs, Google Adwords’ market share has exploded to become the largest and most ubiquitous. Not only are ads shown in the sponsored search results of the search engine, they are also syndicated on millions of websites whose content matches your search terms.
There is a catch to effectively advertising on Google, however: If you are not experienced or know exactly what you are doing, you can lose a lot of money before you get it right. The most prudent path to take is to get an Adwords professional to manage your advertising with Google.
An effective Search Engine Marketing consultant will:
1. Identify the most profitable keyword phrases by building a keyword library of all of the possible keyword phrases that somebody who is interested in your service would type into Google. Most beginners use only 20 or 30 keywords in total, where the minimum for most small campaigns should be 1,000 to 2,000 keyword phrases.
2. Correctly target your search phrases using exact match, phrase match and broad match , therefore increasing your positioning and decrease your average cost-per-click (CPC). We will also identify keywords that should be specifically excluded from your campaign to reduce wasted clicks.
3. Write effective text ads, utilising proven marketing principles, thus increasing your click-through-rate (CTR), improve your quality score and, in turn, decrease your average CPC.
4. Split-test your text ads, track the results and identify which combination of words produced the best results.
5. Use geo-targeting in your ad campaigns, especially for a service company is critical in getting maximum ROI from advertising spend. This saves a lot of your advertising budget from being spent on customers in areas you do not service.
6. Continual optimize your Google Ads – the hardest month for PPC advertising, and the lowest ROI, is in the first month, because it is during this month that you are experimenting to identify the keywords which produce the most profits for your business. Done incorrectly, the first month can cost thousands of dollars with no results at all. But once the ‘money words’ have been identified, continual bid management and optimisation is required to increase ROI from the monthly advertising spend.
7. Track your conversions – tracking conversions is the most important factor in PPC advertising, because this is how you measure the success of all of the previous 6 points in the campaign. Most importantly, when you track conversions at the keyword level you can increase spend on the keywords which are producing results and decrease spend on the keywords which a not producing results, increasing your ROI.
All statistics are compiled and made available to you in the form of email reports so that you remain informed as to the effectiveness and direction of your Internet Marketing investment.
Click Here To Get a Free Web Marketing Consultation